Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2009 SOAP BOX DERBY RACING!!

At 6.30 am I woke up for my PRACTISE. I took my bag and lunch box and off
I went to school to get ready for Mr Jacobsen.

When I got to school I wore my uniform with pride. I waited for the rest of our crew to arrive to go to the race and win the prize.
Mr Burt came with his beautiful truck and the pit crew ran to the shed to get the car ready to load and get tied up on the truck.

As the car got loaded on to the truck we set off to the netball courts down in Mount Wellington avenue. We got there and there were lots of schools there: there was Sacred Heart College, Bailey Road, Parnell, and King's Prep.

We got ready to race and off they went down the hill
past the lights and "BRAKE" the man said. So they all braked and in first place was King's Prep and then my school and then Parnell and last place was Sacred Heart.

As the next race started it was me racing and as I went down the hill in third place Bailey Road nearly CRASHED so
he stopped and I over took him and Parnell school and I came first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Shweta from Bailey Road School.I was in the Soap Box Derby too.I was the pit crew.Thanks for chearing us.


Thanks
Shweta